Online shopping has made the lives of shopaholics all over the world so much easier. Some of the major hurdles of physical shopping such as waiting in those extensive billing queues, crowded trial rooms, the effort of physically going to the store when you would much rather be at home in your pajamas. Now since online shopping fashion is at power with the physical stores all your prayers have been answered.
Although there is a long extensive list of pros of online shopping, it can be tricky at times. Therefore, before you venture on a shopping spree from the comfort of your couch, let us provide you with a few tips to make your journey more conducive.
- Know your Measurements – This is the single most important tip you will receive in your online shopping escapades. Before venturing into the world of online women shopping, measure yourself and note them down. This tip will save you multiple returns and exchanges, which can be a hassle.
- Check the Size Charts – all online portals that sell women’s clothes have their personalized size charts. It is not enough to know if you are a US 34 or a UK 8; you need to refer to every size chart while selecting your size. Every brand and every website use different measurements. You do not want to end up going by your gut and ending up with an item that is either too big or worse too small.
- Review the Materials – While choosing materials other than cotton, it is beneficial if you review them first. We know that you cannot physically feel the material while shopping online. However, you can do so from items in your closet. Choose items of every material and identify yourself with the way it looks. You can then use these items as a reference while shopping online.
- Watch the Catwalk – If you are contemplating whether you should buy those pair of ripped jeans or not, you can simply review the catwalk feature. All websites have a video feature wherein they display how the model is moving around in that piece of clothing. This will give you some idea whether the rips in the jeans will hinder your walk or not. It can also allow you to check whether the clothing item clusters at any edge or not.
- Take Note of the Return Policies – This is vital. If you receive something that is not what you expected, you do not want your money to go to waste. Therefore, it is beneficial that you browse through the return policies to be sure. This way you can return the item and purchase one you want.
- Befriend your Tailor – If you have not followed the first two tips, then this one might help you out. Find your nearest tailor and ask him to fix any hems or edges that keep tailoring. Everybody has different bodies and brands make items according to a standard shape, it is possible that some tops will be tight on the arms and loose otherwise. For small alterations, you need not return the item, simply ask your tailor to fix them.